Work hard, play hard — or skip the work and earn up to 5.00% APY* just for doing banking basics.
- Online Banking & Bill Pay
- Mobile Banking with Deposit
- Visa® EMV Debit Card
- Free checking that pays high dividends
- 5.00% APY* on balances up to $10,000
- 5.00% to 0.64% APY on balances over $10,000 depending on balance in account*
- Refunds on ATM withdrawal fees, nationwide (up to $25 monthly)*
- Link to free Kasasa Saver® to build savings automatically
- No monthly maintenance fees
- No minimum balance to earn rewards
- Free digital banking services
- $25 minimum deposit to open
How to Unlock Your Rewards
Enrollments must be in place and all of the following transactions and activities must post and settle to your Kasasa Cash account during each Monthly Qualification Cycle:
- At least 12 debit card purchases
- Be enrolled in and agree to receive e-statements
- Be enrolled in and log into online banking
It’s really that easy. And remember that even if you don’t meet your qualifications during a cycle, your account is still free — and you’ll still earn our base dividend rate. Then you can get right back to earning your rewards the next month.
Account Overview: Kasasa Cash is a free, variable rate checking account with no minimum balance requirement that rewards accountholders with interest and nationwide ATM fee refunds when they meet minimum qualifications during the account’s “Monthly Qualification Cycle.”
Purpose and Expected Use of Account: The Kasasa Cash account is intended to be the accountholder’s primary checking account in which payroll transactions and day-to-day spending activities are posted and settled. We expect the account’s debit card to be used frequently throughout each month and for transaction amounts to reflect a wide dollar range. North Bay Credit Union reserves the right to determine if the account is being maintained for a purpose other than day-to-day, primary use. Accountholders who persist in making debit card transactions in a calculated and limited fashion in order to meet their monthly qualifications may have their account converted to a different checking account or closed altogether. We also reserve the right to convert the account to a different checking account if the account does not have consistent active use over twelve (12) consecutive Statement Cycles. We have the right to close this account at any time, with proper notice.
Qualification Requirements: To earn your rewards all of the following transactions and activities must post and settle to your Kasasa Cash account each “Monthly Qualification Cycle.”:
- Have at least twelve (12) debit card purchases post and settle to your account
- Be enrolled and receive e-statements
- Be enrolled and log into online banking (a minimum of one  time per qualification cycle)
Transactions may take one (1) or more business days from the date the transaction occurred to post and settle to the account. “Monthly Qualification Cycle” means a period beginning on the last business day of the month and ending on the day before the last business day of the month. Transfers between accounts and ATM transactions do not count as qualifying transactions. Only debit card and POS transactions processed by merchants and received by North Bay Credit Union count as qualifying transactions.
When Kasasa Cash Account Qualifications Are Not Met:
- The interest rate on your Kasasa Cash account and corresponding annual percentage yield for all balances are 0.05%.
- ATM fees are not refunded.
When Kasasa Cash Account or Kasasa Qualifications Are Met:
- The interest rate and APY on your account are as follows:
Interest Rate Information/Tier 1: If your daily balance is less than $10,000.01, the interest rate for that portion of your balance in your account will be 4.8889% with an Annual Percentage Yield of 5%.
Interest Rate Information/Tier 2: If your daily balance is greater than $10,000.00, the interest rate paid for that portion over $10,000.00 will be 0.1998% with an Annual Percentage Yield of 0.36%.
- ATM Fee Reimbursements: We will reimburse the ATM fee assessed by other financial institutions nationwide up to $25 incurred during the “Monthly Qualification Cycle” in which you qualified. If you believe you have not been reimbursed the correct amount of ATM fees you must contact us within thirty (30) calendar days after the Statement Cycle where the reimbursement was applicable.
Variable Interest Rate Information: The interest rate and annual percentage yield for your account may change.
Compounding and Crediting: Interest will be compounded daily and credited to your account monthly on the last business day of the month. If you close your account before interest is credited, you will not receive the accrued interest.
Balance Computation Method: We use the average daily balance method to calculate the interest on your account. This method applies a daily periodic rate to the collected balance in the account each day. We will use an interest accrual basis of 365 for each day in the year. The average daily balance is calculated by adding the collected balance in the account for each day of the period and dividing that figure by the number of days in the period.
Minimum Balance to Receive Rewards: There is no minimum balance to receive the account’s rewards.
Limitations: This account type is limited to one account per primary social security number or tax id number.
Transaction Processing Information: Transactions on your account will be processed in the order in which they occurred.
Account Closing/Accrued Interest and ATM Refunds: If you close your account before interest and ATM refunds are credited, you will not receive the accrued interest or the ATM refund for that “Monthly Qualification Cycle.”
Miscellaneous Fees and Charges: Please see North Bay Credit Union Product and Service Fee Schedule.